Please read the following requirements carefully before you begin filling out the application.
To best serve the needs of our community, all awardees must meet the following specific requirements:
- The organization must be located in Greeley, CO and provide programming and support services directly to persons without discrimination of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or political opinions or affiliations.
- ALLO’s focus is toward smaller nonprofits with non-enterprise needs; therefore, the organization must generally have fewer than 75 full-time equivalent employees located in Greeley, CO. There is no minimum employee requirement to be eligible.
- The organization must not require participation in religious, political, or other proselytizing activities on the part of served individuals.
- The organization must be certified with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
- The organization must maintain a volunteer board of directors.
- The organization must have been in operation for a minimum of 24 months and continue to file IRS documentation when due.
- The organization must agree to purchase telephone and video services from ALLO, if they use such services.
- In the case where the organization is a collaboration of several organizations or supports other organizations, the conditions above shall apply to all connected organizations.
- The organization must have a brick and mortar location.
- Businesses or organizations established solely for capital campaigns, building construction or renovation, schools and their foundations, hospitals and their foundations, religious organizations (except religious organizations meeting the non-proselytizing criteria above), endowments, non-501(c)(3) organizations, 509(a)(3) supporting organizations, fiscal agents, and private foundations are ineligible. No services provided by ALLO may be shared with non-affiliated or for-profit organizations.
The selection of awardees will be conducted as follows:
- A selection committee created with ALLO management and city officials will oversee the process and verify all selections meet the above requirements.
- Organizations must complete and submit applications by November 17, 2023. Each organization may submit only one application.
- Organizations will be selected by an Advisory Committee based on compliance with all specified criteria. If the committee picks an organization that does not meet the criteria above, that pick will be discarded and another selected from the pool of applicants.
- If the number of selected organizations drops below 40 through award termination or attrition, the selection committee shall fill the vacancies by choosing a new awardee from the pool of applicants that meet the criteria outlined above.
- The selection committee shall meet annually to review active participants to assure compliance with all specified criteria. If an organization no longer meets the criteria, the selection committee will choose a new one from the pool of applicants. Organizations not meeting the criteria will have their awards terminated.
- The 25 awardees’ free service agreements will be staggered year over year, with each nonprofit receiving three consecutive years of free ALLO 1 GIG internet service. ALLO will notify each winning nonprofit of their free service dates in December.
Giving Back To The People Giving Back
ALLO will select 25 eligible nonprofit organizations to receive FREE 1 GIG service for three years.
Applications will be accepted October 13th, 2023, through November 17th, 2023. Each organization may submit one application.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application period is now closed.